Business Development Manager
WHAT ARE YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES?
The Business Development Manager has a critical role within the TRIUM team (part of the QbD group), supporting business development and sales opportunities including the management of cost proposals with the aim to build long-term relationships and support further growth of the company.
Description of main Responsibilities:
1. Business Development & Sales Support:
- Support the Business Development Director by:
- Identifying prospect clients and implement new client relationships
- Maintaining and expanding existing client relationships through active key Account Management
- Scheduling, conduction and/or attending meetings with clients and vendors to highlight the key expertise of TRIUM as a Knowledge & Excellence Organization within the clinical landscape.
- Establish and manage a pipeline of opportunities
- Manage the sales process for leads generated
- Achieve sales targets
- Identify and attend appropriate conferences and trade shows to create business opportunities
- Keep details on opportunities and client contact details up to date in the company CRM system
- Be one of THE advocates for TRIUM
2. Cost Proposal Management following BD & Sales interactions:
- Attend client and or internal meetings to gain understanding of the client requirements, timelines, and deliverables required for the Request for Proposal (RFP).
- Review and analyze RFPs and Requests for Information (RFIs) to ensure adequate information for budget, proposal and/or response preparation is provided and followed-up as needed.
- Drafts Request for Proposals (RFP) to:
- Accurately reflect discussed strategies
- Meet company and client needs/expectations
- Assure accuracy and appropriateness of text and attachments
- Prepares budgets and contract proposals of different complexity by:
- Organizing an information round with all involved stakeholders (Operations Director, Data Management, Statistician, Medical Monitor, etc.)
- Verifying certain aspects with vendors (Data Management, Safety-Pharmacovigilance, Statistics,..) and internal stakeholders (Compliance, quality, clinical management team)
- Providing quality deliverables adhering to strict deadlines
- Communicates timely and effectively during entire process with all stakeholders involved, mainly with clients and vendors:
- Providing the proposal to the client/vendors and following up via phone/email/meeting to ensure content meets the client/vendors expectations
- Implementing client and vendor feedback and updating the budget ongoingly until agreed by all parties
- Attends and/or leads bid defense meetings with clients
- Maintains and updates the proposal overview & status in internal trackers and company CRM system
- Closes the loop with contracting
- Support development of new processes for scoping, pricing and pitching studies to improve quality of proposals and efficiency of proposed solutions
- Reports in a transparent and pro-active manner to applicable stakeholders
- Is discrete and applies full confidentiality at all times, both inside and outside the company.
- Uses diplomacy and tact to resolve difficult situations. Escalates issues to management in a transparent manner.
- Identifies, supports and implements process improvement initiatives
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO OFFER?
- Bachelor or Master degree in Life Sciences
- At least 5 years of work experience with business development, sales, project management and/or cost proposals in a clinical research-clinical operations field such as a CRO organization or similar environment is a must.
- Strategic selling experience is an asset
- Knowledge of the medical device field is an asset
- Genuine interest and experience in building & maintaining long-term client relationships
- Ability to work independently and as a team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation & convincing skills
- Strong listener & sensitive to cultural differences
- Strong communication skills, both verbally as written
- Dynamic personality with positive mindset
- Strategic business awareness and analytical skills as well as a commercial mindset
- Ability to prepare and interpret budgets
- Getting things done attitude and willing to go the extra mile
- Problem-solving and pragmatic approach
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities/deadlines
- Mature and discrete
- Open to potential travel on a national and international level
- Proficient in English – Dutch and/or French is an asset
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point and the ability to use Outlook, the internet and LinkedIn
WHAT DOES TRIUM, part of the QbD group, OFFER YOU?
We are a healthy company with a strong growth and international ambitions. In addition to an attractive salary package, we can offer you the following advantages:
- We've got your back, giving you the opportunity to shape your career.
- Thanks to our flat organization, we have short communication lines and you can always come to us.
- Standing still means going backwards. With our extensive training package and our periodic knowledge-sharing moments, we offer you many opportunities to continuously learn, to expand or specialize your knowledge and skills and to gain new expertise.
- Get to know your colleagues outside the work environment! Teambuilding and fun activities are planned on a regular basis. A comedy night or quiz night? Nothing is too crazy for us!
- In short… We stand for JPEG: Joy in Partnership, going for the Extra mile to Get things done!
Interested? Send us your CV and motivation letter (both in English) and who knows, we might welcome you soon in our QbD group!